When it comes to an overall home refresh, it can seem like your to-do list never ends. Especially when you're fine-tuning your house before it hits the market, as we're doing the last few months (why does it feel like years?.....). Suddenly, you notice all the imperfections that need a tweak. Or a little bit of love. Or a whole new look.
Like the weathered, slightly creepy, outdated lighting on our back deck.
So lately, I've been on the hunt for the perfect replacement fixtures; something with modern, clean lines, that fits our home's vibe and style and works well with our existing exterior lights. Oh, and for those of us freshening-up on the way out--has a super friendly price tag.
And lucky for me, there are a ton of options that fit my criteria and budget. Here are a few of my favorite looks that can add value to any deck or patio area!
1. Pearson Exterior Wall Sconce, Houzz (above & main photo). Our perfect fit! Great for illuminating back grill and prep areas. Oiled-bronze finish totally works with our home's traditional exterior and front lighting. And the seeded glass and downlighting minimizes glare---ideal for entertaining and hanging out.
2. Carson Wall Sconce, Rejuvenation. Love this gooseneck design and sexy reflective white interior!
3. Minturn Outdoor Sconce, Wayfair. Beautiful, elegant lines and the frosted interior glass offers a interesting, soft glow .....
4. Bruges Neo-Industrial Outdoor Barn Light, All Modern. So cool! I'm a sucker for anything industrial, so of course I love the contemporary edge on this classic styling! Also in satin nickel.
5. Indoor / Outdoor Wall Sconce, Pottery Barn. A close second---I'll save this for my IdeaBook as I plan my next home. Gorgeous. Love the indoor-outdoor versatility....and a steal at today's sale price!